Temecula Police Department Alcohol Management
Any police officer or State ABC official may revoke your permit to provide, serve or sell alcohol during your event for violations of the rules and terms of your permit application or your final permit. The following conditions, unless specifically modified by the Temecula Chief of Police, are required by the Temecula Police Department:
Temecula Police Department Alcohol Management Permit Conditions
- The sales, services, and consumption of permitted alcoholic beverages must take place in a designated “beer garden” area.
- No additional dispensing points outside the beer garden(s) shall be authorized.
- No person under the age of 21 years, including service staff, shall be inside a beer garden during the hours authorized for consumption.
- Each time a person enters or re-enters a beer garden, the person’s age shall be verified with identification. The use of hand stamps or wrist bands to verify age is discouraged.
- Alcoholic beverages can only be sold or provided to people 21 years or older.
- All distribution of alcoholic beverages must be performed be designated, trained (LEAD training or equivalent) event staff.
- Patrons shall not take alcoholic beverages from or be allowed to bring alcoholic beverages into designated “beer garden” area(s).
- Animals, except properly restrained service animals, are prohibited from entering the beer garden(s).
- All alcoholic beverages must be consumed from a single serving container that complies with the following guidelines:
2) 5 ounce cup or smaller for wine.
3) No more than 1 oz of hard liquor/spirits stand alone or in a pre-mixed drink served in a 5 oz or smaller cup.
4) Smaller service sizes may be required based on beverage type.
- Glass containers cannot be provided to patrons.
- The use of beer luges, drinking funnels, free pouring, etc. is prohibited.
- Licensed private security guard(s) shall be present at each entrance and exit to count occupancy. An accurate crowd count at all times must be readily available to city representatives.
- Licensed private security guard(s) shall be present to check identification for the purposes of verifying that people entering the beer garden are 21 years of age or older.
- Licensed private security guard(s) shall be present in the area where consumption is taking place at all times that the license privileges are being exercised.
- Commencement of alcohol service shall not begin prior to the start time of the event. Last service shall be conducted no later than one-half hour prior to the end of the event.
- The Host Organization is responsible for resolving any problems associated with the event and/or issues of concern raised by neighbors.
- Liquor Liability Insurance naming the City of Temecula, its officers, employees and agents must be provided.
SPECIAL DAILY BEER AND/OR WINE LICENSE (Form ABC-221)
Authorizes the sale of beer and/or wine for consumption on the premises where sold. No off-sale privileges. Minors are allowed on the premises. In some instances, the local ABC office may require the applicant to obtain prior written approval of the local law enforcement agency. Issued to non-profit organizations (Rule 59, California Code of Regulations).
DAILY ON SALE GENERAL LICENSE (Form ABC-221)
Authorizes the sale of beer, wine, and distilled spirits for consumption on the premises where sold. No off-sale privileges. Minors are allowed on the premises.
CATERING AUTHORIZATION (Form ABC-218)
Authorizes Type 47,48,51,52,57,75 and 78 licenses (and catering businesses that qualify under Section 24045.12) to sell beer, wine, and distilled spirits for consumption at conventions, sporting events, trade exhibits, picnics, social gatherings, or similar events. Type 47, 48, and 57. Licensees may cater alcoholic beverages at any ABC-approved location in the State. Type 51 and 52 licenses may only cater alcohol beverages at their licensed premises.
EVENT AUTHORIZATION (Form ABC-218)
Authorizes Type 41,42,47,48,49,57,75 and 78 licenses to sell beer, wine and distilled spirits for consumption on property adjacent to the licensed premise and owned or under the control of the licensee. This property shall be secured and controlled by the licensee and not visible to the general public.
WINE SALES EVENT PERMIT (Form ABD-239)
Authorizes Type 02 licensees to sell bottled wine produced by the Wine grower for consumption off the premises where sold and only at fairs, festivals, or cultural events sponsored by designated tax exempt organizations. The licensee must notify the city and/or county where the event is being held and obtain prior approval from the ABC for each event.
Temecula Police Department
ABC Permit Department ($26.00)
3737 Main Street, Suite 900
Riverside, CA 92501
(951) 781-0531 FAX
Temecula Police Department - Main Station
30755-A Auld Road, Murrieta, CA 92563
(951) 696-3000 Office